Monday, February 1, 2010

A few words before I go....

To all of those who have supported me financially as well as spiritually, I cannot thank you enough.  I have raised well OVER the amount I need for the trip with the extra proceeds going to others who need to it as well as other mission teams going on future excursions.  It has humbled me to see how generous people have been and continue to be.  God, my Jehovah Jirah, has indeed provided. 

With that in mind, I go with a true sense of responsibility towards you.  Your money has helped pay for my flight, my immunizations, my lodging, and some of the team materials like tools, tape measures, health care teaching supplies, and flashlights.  I go not just for myself, but for you and ultimately for the glory of God.  Regardless of how much physical help we may provide, what will last eternally is seeds He wants to plant, nuture, and grow.  May He be pleased to save those who long for what they don't yet understand. 

I feel that I will take away from this trip much more than I could ever give, and I'm excited to experience it in a matter of days!  I have always been so humbled to step off the plane and into a country and a continent where love abounds.  To be greeted with smiles, hugs, flowers, songs, dance, and rejoicing from His African people is enough to make anyone see how important PEOPLE are in this culture rather than money, possessions, or status.  It is like jumping into a pool of ice water after living in the American culture my whole life.  I'm not romanticizing the culture of Africa, nor am I complaining of the American way of life.  All I am trying to say is that there is a very stark contrast between the two.  I leave it up to you to experience it yourself and form your own opinion.  For those of you who know me well, it's obvious to see that I enjoy my experiences with Africa and Africans very much.

Please continue to pray for the group as well as me.  Below are some specific requests.  You can also see to the right the team picture taken at the church service this Sunday when we were prayed over by Woodmen Valley Chapel in Colorado Springs.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for all you've given me.  May God smile upon you and bless you in return.

Prayer Requests:

-Unity among the team.  Humility.  Love.
-Safe travel, health
-Open eyes and hearts towards the people of Ghana
-Focus on evangelism
-Building of relationships that will last a lifetime
-God's glory would be first in all things

No comments:

Post a Comment